Stamped concrete is one of the most popular options when it comes to enhancing outdoor spaces without breaking the bank. The decorative concrete can easily be made to look like more expensive materials, such as natural stone, bricks, pavers, and more.
Things to consider in stamping concrete
Stamped concrete contractors often assess and evaluate a particular area before making an estimate of how much money would be involved to complete a project. Here are some of the things they take into deep consideration to come up with a reasonable quote:
1. Size – Contractors often charge per square foot so the larger the area to be stamped, the bigger the computation would be. It is highly recommended to choose a basic design if you want a large area covered to help minimize the costs.
2. Pattern – There is a wide range of patterns available for stamped concrete. Choosing a basic one, like a brick wall, will cost lesser than a more complicated design, like a flag stone pattern. View Full List of Available Patterns
3. Color – A single color can easily be sprayed on whereas multiple colors often needs to be applied and blended by hand to achieve a realistic look, thus making it a more expensive option.
4. Floor condition – Stamping is often done on existing floors so any repair needed to help prep the floor will be an additional cost for the customer.
How much does stamped concrete cost?
The initial cost of stamped concrete can vary depending on local market prices for materials and labor. The type of pattern you choose would also affect the price significantly. Learn how much is stamped concrete for a particular project you have in mind by checking out these price ranges:
- Basic Installation – expect to be charged around $8 to $12 per square foot for a single color and the most basic pattern.
- Mid-range Installation – for a mid-range design, you may be charged around $12 to $18 per square foot. This is a more customized installation and may involve contrasting colors and border designs.
- High End Installation – this involves multiple colors, complex patterns, custom score lines, or hand-colored surfaces that mimic natural stone. A realistic design can pull stamped concrete prices from $18 and above, depending on how wide the area.
Concrete Stamping Quote
Now that you have a pretty good idea of how much this decorative floor service costs, make sure you ask for a comprehensive quote on the area you want to enhance. Whether it is for driveways, walkways, patios, or pool decks, having a reasonable budget to work around with will make it easier for you to choose a design and for the contractor to proceed with work in the given timeframe.