Since no reaction can be predicted, an acid staining can provide any commercial or residential floor a unique, beautiful, and stylish finish. It does not crack or peel since it penetrates deep into the slab and becomes a part of the substrate.
What is Acid Stain?
Most varieties of acid stain include water, hydrochloric acid and special acid-soluble metallic salts in their composition. This union of ingredients is designed to create a more chemical-based reaction than water-based stains. These stains work by penetrating the concrete’s surface and reacting with the calcium hydroxide in the material.
The acid in the compound etches the surface, which then allows the metallic salts to penetrate deeper into the material. This creates a more natural hue within the concrete. Once the stain begins to react, it becomes a permanent part of the material.
Acid staining, just like the water-based stain, has its own benefits, such as:
- Beauty – It produces random shades and effects in a way that it resembles high-end stone materials. Think marble, slate, travertine, and more. It can also be used to enhance other decorative resurfacing systems, such as stamped overlay.
- Durability – Because it penetrates deep into the slab, an acid stain does not peel, flake, or fade away. It also helps strengthen the concrete slab upon which it is applied.
- Versatility – It can be used on indoor or outdoor surfaces, such as pool decks, driveways, patios, interior floors, commercial flooring, and more.
- Low Maintenance – Stained outdoor surfaces or interior floors do not require any special product to help keep it in good shape. Simply sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming the area is good enough.
- Water Resistant – With the help of a reliable sealer, a stained surface is resistant to damage caused by water.
- Color Options – It come in a variety of earthy colors, including reds and blue greens.
Add color to your life with stained concrete. Call (281) 407-0779 for more info.
No matter how plain a concrete surface is, an acid stain can make it distinctively stunning. Bullion Coatings is a decorative concrete company that provides staining solutions to both residential and commercial locations in the Houston, TX area. We take pride in our team’s ability to stain your pool deck, patio, driveway, and interior floors with utmost proficiency. We are very detail-oriented, making sure that we don’t miss a spot.
Interested in adding color to your home or business space? Call or email us today for a FREE consultation and quote.