Bullion Coatings is an award-winning decorative concrete company in Houston TX. For over 30 years, we are among the concrete contractors that have been trusted with concrete improvement projects for residential and commercial properties. We provide residents of Houston premier decorative concrete solutions that earned us an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). For your security, we are 100% licensed, bonded and insured. Give us your trust for your next concrete improvement project and we’re confident that we can achieve your desired results.
Concrete Stamping & Stamped Overlay: What’s the Difference?
Stamped overlays and stamped concrete are two different applications although they provide similar results. For those new to the different stamped concrete applications, it’s hard to tell which one you actually want for your concrete space. It can be confusing when you mistake one for the other. Here’s how to tell the two applications apart:
Stamped Overlays – Also known as patterned, textured or imprinted overlays. This is installed on existing concrete pool decks or other concrete surfaces. In the installation process, the existing concrete becomes the substrate with which, the overlay adheres to. The overlay is then stamped with a patterned mat and color is applied.
Concrete Stamping – The process of concrete stamping is done to a newly poured concrete mix. In this case, there is no need for a substrate or an overlay. This is because the fresh cement mix itself is stamped to add pattern and texture.
Stamped Concrete Overlay: Step by Step Installation Process
Installing the overlay is quite simple but results are highly efficient and durable. Here is a short glimpse into the installation process of a professional concrete contractor in Houston:
- The existing slab undergoes surface preparation, including repairs if needed.
- The coating is mixed and then evenly applied on the surface with a trowel.
- After it has been applied, stamp mats with a specific pattern chosen by the customer are placed on top of it and then tapped just strong enough to make an imprint.
- If the pattern chosen is a custom stone pattern, the installer adds custom scorelines to make it look more realistic.
- The mat is removed and the overlay is left to cure and dry.
- If the project calls for color, stains can either be sprayed or applied manually.
- A sealer is applied ideally to lock the design and colors while providing a protective layer to the surface.
Looking for the best stamped concrete company in Houston? Call us at (281) 407-0779 now!
When it comes to exceptional workmanship, no one does it better than Bullion Coatings. We are one of the leading Houston concrete contractors that specialize in decorative concrete solutions for both residential and commercial locations. Our employees are experienced and kept updated about the latest trends in stamping. Interested in resurfacing your patios, pool deck or concrete driveway? We are the superior choice. Treat your floor to something special. Call us today for a FREE consultation and price quote. We are based in the Houston Texas area.